The objective of this policy is to communicate clearly the Academy's procedures when any board member, staff member, parent or student fails to comply with any official policy in a manner that is deemed injurious to the mission, vision, personnel, community and goals of St. John's.
- The Principal will be responsible for assuring compliance with all St. John's policies and is the designated compliance officer for the Academy.
- The Principal, after conducting a thorough investigation of the non-compliance, will contact the Board and request that the matter be brought to its attention as soon as practically possible.
- The Board will review the finding of the Principal and determine whether the non-compliance matter needs to be referred to the Standing Ad Hoc Discipline Committee for Non-Compliance, or should be handled at the Board level, or should be handled at the Principal level.
- The standing Ad Hoc Discipline Committee for Non-Compliance shall serve for a one-year term, and shall be made up of two Board Members, the Principal, a teacher and an officer for the Parent Association.
- For any matter referred to it, the Discipline Committee will conduct an investigation into the non-compliance and render a recommendation to the Board of St. John's for appropriate action.
- The Board of St. John's will review any recommendation of the Discipline Committee and make a final decision.